Friday, December 14, 2012

In The Spirit of Christmas

Long time no blog. I actually still have two more entries for that Japan trip I had last summer but we'll save that for another time. I'm blogging right now cause I'm home early, on a FRIDAY night, the night of UP's Lantern Parade, and supposedly our last day of seeing all our college friends before the awaited Christmas break. I decided to blog because of my new found 'maturity' or as how i call it, 'retirement' lol. I just couldnt feel Christmas this year. The Lantern Parade this year was way different from how it was last. I remember last year's parade like it was just yesterday. It was so fun. Smiles and laughter everywhere. It was so different this year. I guess most of us just went our separate ways. And since we're getting older, not much of us join the Lantern Parade anymore. I call my status 'retirement' because I went home early today, and I just really wanted more than anything, to be home on my bed while watching some TV series. Its not like me. I was always that girl who stayed up in all the parties, always thirsty for alchohol. I was that girl who snuck out of the dorm numerous times just to go return to parties if I wanted to go home late. But now, I'm home at 8:30pm and feeling more enjoyment than I had earlier at our college which had free flowing pizza and beer. Yes, I chose my bed and tv series over pizza and beer.

I dont know. Maybe it comes with age, or maybe its because of all the work I've been doing both academics and org-wise. I guess in the end you could probably say I'm burned out. After being in position for some time, you get tired of it too. I'm a Director for External Affairs in one of my organizations, and I'm also part of the Externals team in my other org so my job really consists of external relations. I was perfect for those positions because socializing with others has always been my thing. I guess when it actually becomes your job to socialize, you get tired of it that when you have luxury time, you just want to be by yourself. Makes sense, doesnt it?

But ah well, atleast we could say that I'm maturing at the right time. I'm definitely starting to love staying in more. I'm turning 20 in fifteen days and wow how time flies. This is probably my body starting to adjust to the new year that I am about to seize.

Before I go, a little quote which captured the essence of my current feelings, from Danielle's blog, TrustMe-ItsParadise.blogspot.com:

"Following a recent exceptionally harrowing fever, and an extended trip to the island I call home, days of self-imposed detox and lots and lots of sleep, I felt emotionally drained and surprisingly nostalgic and anti-social. I am like a lost baby bear constantly fighting off the un-ignorable desire to fall into a permanent winter slumber.."


Goodnight.

No comments: